GFA Education is founded on the 3 Ps:
Pathways: Teacher training, networking, guidance and support.
- Teacher training sessions will be coming to a regional event near you soon, stay connected with GFA for announcements
- Write to us at email@example.com to have your name added to our Teacher Directory
- Read about how successful guitar educators got to where they are now and learn from their stories Coming Soon!
- If you are a certified guitar educator seeking a job contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for GFA support in job placement
"Matt worked with practically all of our students one on one today, coached two ensembles, and led a wonderful masterclass all in a 12 hour span! Matt is a unique spirit, a truly gifted musician and teacher who display an enormous desire to help others grow and reach their own potential. So rare this quality is, and so very inspiring to watch him instruct, advise, encourage and just genuinely care about the musical growth of others." - Chuck Hulihan, Prof. of Guitar at Glendale Community College, Glendale, AZ
Publications: Printed and online resources for both guitar students and teachers.
- Prodigies premiered in June, 2016. Prodigies is a guitar workbook for guitarists ages 13 and under. If you are interested in receiving Prodigies for your students or classroom please contact email@example.com
- View the latest issue of Prodigies Coming Soon! (available to registered GFA members only)
- Enrich your classroom with the GFA Teacher Handbook, including Best Practices, Graded Ensemble Rubric, Curriculum guidance and more Coming Soon! (available to registered GFA members only)
Program Development: Consultation, curriculum development, support, and staffing assistance.
- GFA is currently partnering with various schools across the country to develop and create pre-college guitar programs. If you are interested in developing a guitar program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to assist each program with its specific needs and would love to talk to you in detail about your goals and how we can help you achieve them.
- Current GFA partner schools include:
- Youth Performing Arts High School, Louisville, KY
- Booker T. Washington High School, Dallas, TX
- Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District, Los Angeles County, CA
Matt Denman with Dr. Scott Rudes, Christopher McGuire and Steve Schrag at Booker T. Washington High School
"[Matt Denman's] comments and ideas were inspiring and [he] really connected with the students. As an instructor, I gathered a lot of ideas for communicating with students about technique and musical interpretation of their pieces." - Steve Schrag, Guitar Instructor, Booker T. Washington High School, Dallas, TX (2016)