GFA Regional Symposiums
are free one-day events for all guitarists. Regional Symposiums feature:
- Performance Auditions - Audition for a chance to perform solo in the Evening Showcase Concert.
- Symposium Guitar Orchestra - Perform in the Symposium Guitar Orchestra.
- College Guitar Ensemble Showcase - Hear some of the top college guitar chamber ensembles in the nation.
- Technique Workshops - Hone your skills and interact with other guitarists in a fun and informal setting
- Evening Concert - featuring selected performers and the Symposium Guitar Orchestra.
All events are FREE for GFA members.
Advanced registration is required for daytime events.
Evening concert is FREE and open to the public.
Each local event may be slightly different. Click on the link below for the event in your area to register and for specific details.
Los Angeles: November 9, 2013. The Guitar Foundation of
America presents its third LA-based Regional Symposium on November 9, 2013 at the Ramon C. Cortines High School for Visual and Performing Arts in downtown Los
Angeles. This event seeks to build a
sense of community through workshops and the formation of a guitar orchestra,
offer educational services through adjudicated performance opportunities, and
provide community outreach through free concerts open to the public. The College Guitar Ensemble Showcase at 1pm
will present professional-level students from guitar programs across the state.
New Mexico: December 8, 2013. The Guitar Foundation of America presents its first Albuquerque-based Regional Symposium on Sunday, December 8th, 2013 at Sandia Prep in Albuquerque, NM.