|Frequently Asked Questions|
The FAQ is a document-in-progress. We'll add topics as we see a need. If you don't see your question answered here, feel free to click the "Contact Us" link on the home page, and we'll answer you as quickly as we can.
Click on your topic to jump to the answer:
Change User Name and Password
1. Make sure you are signed in
2. Click "My Profile" in the upper right hand corner of the home page
3. Click on "Manage Profile" under "My Profile" on the right side of the page
4. Click on "Edit Bio"
5. Find "user name" - the second entry from the top - then click "change" to the right of that
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to change your user name
7. Similarly, find "password" - the third entry from the top, then click "change" to the right of that
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to change your password.
Submit your calendar and news items by clicking the "Contact Us” link at the top of the home page. We’ll post your item within a few days. We may need to contact you to get more information, so please leave your email address on the contact form.
Submit your forum request via the "Contact Us" link at the top of the home page. Let us know if you are willing to moderate the forum, as we cannot start a forum without a moderator. We will review your request, and will launch your new forum within a few days.
1. Log in to the site
2. If your membership has expired, or is about to expire, you will be greeted with a screen with that information. Simply click on "Renew my membership securely” and you will be led through the renewal payment procedure.
3. If you are renewing early (Thank You!), then click on "Membership Info” on the right-hand side of the welcome screen. Then click "Renew my membership securely”.
Our payment processor asks for this information only for the payment processing. This information is not added to your user profile, and GFA staff will never see the transaction information.
Absolutely. Simply log in, and then click "Manage Profile” on the right-hand side of the screen. All of your membership settings are on that page. Most settings will be found in "Edit Bio” and "Preferences”.
Click the "Contact Us” link at the top of the home page. Or give us a call at 877-570-1651.
Of course! Call us at 877-570-1651.
Soundboard is published quarterly. Upon registering the most recent issue of Soundboard will be mailed to you. Please give 3 weeks from registration to receive this first issue.
Soundboard is published quarterly.
I want to perform a recital/give a lecture at the next convention. How can I be considered?
Convention artists and lecturers are selected by a committee. Artists are selected in or around January of each year for the following year's convention. Lecturers are chosen in August of each year for the following year's convention. GFA places a call for concert and lecture proposals on the web site approximately two months before the committee will meet. There will be announcements made on the web site, via Notations (our e-newsletter) and on Facebook when the call is posted. Instructions will be provided for submitting your proposals. GFA does not generally accept other unsolicited proposals.